The definition of a workplace has changed a lot over recent years. Businesses are now looking at new technologies to power the modern workplace. Almost all industries no longer operate through what was once considered a normal ‘office’ job. Studies show around 50% of employees now work on a hybrid basis. This being, partly from the office, and partly from home. Some employees now even work remotely permanently.
Trends show this flexible working approach is likely to continue, if not increase in popularity going forward. This is because more businesses are realising the majority of their operations can still be carried out comfortably from home. This is not to mention the increased need from employees themselves to have the option to work from home.
However, a business’s ability to work in such a manner does require some increased assistance from technologies that perhaps weren’t quite as vital previously. Working remotely calls for clear communication and collaboration. This keep things running smoothly. Tools such as Microsoft Teams and Office 365 are key.
Advantages of modern technologies:
- Allows for real-time clear communication across different devices. Means everyone receives the same updates across the files in real-time. This increases the efficiency of home working as it can help to replicate office communication, including meetings.
- Teams, along with other tools such as Zoom, make hybrid meetings possible. This is key as communication between remote workers and office workers are just as important for business operation as remote to remote worker communication is. This, in combination with Office 365’s ability to allow lots of individuals to collaborate on all types of documents, ensures that office-level productivity is maintained at home.
The benefits of modern technologies:
- Enabling staff to work from any remote location – the ability to access your office anywhere, at any time.
- With Microsoft 365 – users get the latest access to the Office suite across the business – regularly updated with the latest security and functionality features. All files are compatible across the whole business.
Now all this home working tends to mean documents are saved in all sorts of different locations. This can make it more difficult for other employees to access important information. That’s just one reason why cloud migration is even more important in the modern workplace.
Advantages of using modern cloud solutions:
Her are some cloud solutions and technologies to power the modern workplace:
- Cloud migration allows easy access to important data from any device and reduces the risk of loss if your physical hardware stops working.
- Cloud migration also has lots of other benefits including integration and cost reduction. This is because it allows for different systems to be connected, improving business efficiency at a potentially much lower cost than maintaining local data centres, all with the ability to up/downscale to keep up with ever-changing business plans.
Get in touch with us today and find out how we can help create a more efficient remote working environment for you and your colleagues.