To be successful in this role you will need to be a proactive business leader who communicates effectively and demonstrates an understanding of our services. Previous experience within the IT or MSP industry is not mandatory but would be beneficial and is therefore preferred.
We’re looking for someone that is happy to work and behave strongly in line with our values. This role would suit someone who is interested in taking their career forward in an ambitious and growing managed services provider, with a strong and growing customer base.
As part of your application for this role you’re invited to apply using a one-way video interview. In this initial interview there are several questions which you answer on video. This helps us to get to know you better, you can do it at a time that suits you and if you’re not happy with any of your answers you can re-take them.
Key Success Criteria
To be successful in this role you will need to be a proactive board member who delivers revenue and margin targets.
Skills & experience
- Strategic engagement with mid-market customers
- A good business understanding, including an appreciation of company financials
- Meeting sales targets
- Negotiation and good commercial knowledge
- Selling to customer needs
- Motivation for driving sales to closure both directly and through the team
- Sales planning
- Building relationships
- Coaching skills, in particular salespeople
- Managing processes
- Market knowledge
- Developing and meeting budgets
- Recruiting, training and motivating a team
- Managing a team and other company resources
- Advanced computer skills
- Determines annual revenue and gross-profit sales plan by implementing marketing strategies, analysing trends and a plan for achieving results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales targets for regions and territories and projecting expected sales volumes and profit for existing and new products.
- Implements regional sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales performance by tracking changing trends, economic indicators, competitors and supply and demand from vertical markets in relation to mid-market companies.
- Completes sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Maintains individual team member results by coaching and developing employees.
- Plans, monitors, and appraises each team member to achieve results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing and developing business networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results.
- Maintains, develops and contributes to the company’s processes and systems.
There will be a mixture of working from our offices in Abingdon, home working and meetings on customer sites.
As mentioned above, application is via a one-way video interview. In this initial interview there are several questions which you answer on video. This helps us to get to know you better, you can do it at a time that suits you and if you’re not happy with any of your answers you can re-take them. Good luck!